Rhubarb Baked Oats
These are delicious as a breakfast bars, a healthy snack or warmed up and topped with ice cream for a different take on rhubarb crumble.
I am using delicious local rhubarb from Rectory Farm, which is just outside Oxford. Rhubarb is currently in season, so a perfect time to get baking these delicious healthy recipe!
50g Maple Syrup/Honey
100g of Coconut/Almond Milk
120g of Oats
45g Oat/Plain Flour
180g Chopped Rhubarb
1. Heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a square tin with parchment.
2. Chop up your rhubard into bitesize pieces, drizzle over the maple syrup/honey and leave to soak.
3. Mash the banana then add in the eggs, milk and mix together.
4. Stir in the oats and flour and mix again.
5. Finally add in the rhubarb and combine.
6. Pour into a baking dish and bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes. Until crisp and golden.
Either serve immeditately with a dollop of ice cream, custard and yoghurt. Or leave too cool and have as flapjack/bars for a tasty snack!
You can always reheat at a later date for a delicious breakfast with yoghurt and honey or as a pudding! :)