Chocolate Orange Brownies
Indulge in a little bit of luxury this Christmas with my Chocolate Orange Brownies.
180g Dark Chocolate
90g Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Ground Coffee
90g Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
30g Gluten Free Flour (I used rice flour!)
20g Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
Zest of One Orange
One Orange to decorate!
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
1. Add the dark chocolate, coconut oil and ground coffee into a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water to a saucepan, place on the heat with the bowl on top. Melt down the ingredients and mix.
2. Meanwhile, in another mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar. Whisk together until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Once the chocolate mixture has melted, take off the heat and leave to cool for a little bit.
4. Once cooled, add into the dry mixture and combine.
5. Add in your orange zest to taste.
6. Pour into a greaseproof or foiled lined square tin and spread evenly.
7. Top with your orange pieces if you wish.
8. Pop into the oven for around 20 minutes for gooey brownies, 25-30 minutes for slightly firmer. You can test the consistency by using a sharp knife or tooth pick.
Bring out the oven, leave to cool before cutting. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.