Fruity Flapack Cookies
Updated: Dec 7, 2018
Chocolate Chip Cookies always seem to steal the limelight however, I am a much bigger fan of oatmeal cookies especially with delicious sweet raisins in them! So I decided to re-create my own recipe and they turned out better than expected...
100g of Gluten Free Flour
125g Gluten Free Oats
1/3 tsp of Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 Egg (Room Temp)
160 Coconut Sugar or Light Brown Sugar
70g Coconut Oil (Melted)
1 Tsp Cinnamon
30g Dried Cranberries
(Preheat the oven to 180 degrees)
1. Add the flour, oats, xanthin gum, baking powder and salt to a bowl. Mix together until evenly combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and sugar together until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry flour mixture, then add in the melted coconut oil.
4. Fold together until everything is mixed together and a dough is formed.
5. Finish off by adding the cinnamon, raisins and cranberries into the mix. Combine again into evenly distributed.
6. Split the mixture into 10-12 balls and add onto a baking tray. Push down the cookies with your palm to flatten.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-16 minutes, until crispy and brown on the edges.
8. Make sure you leave to cool or otherwise they will break.
9. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also keep the mixture in the freezer, cut a chunk off and then bake one-two cookies at a time instead.