Try this festive take on the traditional tiffin. Instead of using glacier cherries and shortbread, I added in mince pies and the result is delicious.
300g Semi-Sweetened Dark Chocolate (or add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup to sweeten or can do half milk chocolate)
4 Mince Pies (I used Waitrose Gluten Free ones, they are vegan too!)
Zest of one orange
1 Large Piece of Steam Ginger (drain off the syrup)
1. Melt 150g of the chocolate in a pan over the saucepan. Once melted pour into a square tin lined with parchment paper. Move the tin around until it is spread evenly.
2. Put into the freezer for around 10 minutes until set.
3. Meanwhile, chop your almonds, mince pies and ginger.
4. Grate the zest of the orange and put to one side.
5. Melt the remaining of the chocolate and once melted, add in all the other ingredients.
6. Bring out your tin and spoon the mixture over. Press down until evenly spread and the mixture is firmly pressed so it won't break when you cut it.
7. Put back into the freezer for a following 10-20 minutes.
8. Bring out and cut into squares using a heated sharp knife. Leave the block to warm slightly so that it doesn't crack.
Store in the fridge in a container.