Jammy Shortbread Biscuits
The perfect treat for Valentines or just to whip up for a loved one! 💕 Super simple to make, get creative and fill them with different flavoured jam centres. Or even some peanut butter!
Ingredients: 60g Butter or Coconut Oil
70g Maple Syrup
220g Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Sprinkle of Salt
Strawberry/Raspberry/Apricot Jam for centres!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cream your butter/coconut oil with a whisk, it is a good idea to make sure that it is at room temperature.
3. Add in the maple syrup, and whisk together again until light and fluffy. Add the salt and vanilla essence.
4. Slowly add in the flour and mix until a dough forms. You will have to use your hands to ball the dough together. Separate the mixture into two.
5. Roll out the first half and cut out 3-5 circles (depending on the size) until all the mixture has been used up.
6. Repeat with the second half cutting out a small heart in the middle or a small circle.
7. Lay on baking paper and put into the oven for around 12-15 minutes until a light brown.
8. Leave to cool.
9. Turn one of the bottoms (without the heart/hole) over and add a teaspoon of the jam. Top with the other half and press down.
10. Repeat until you have used up all the biscuit pieces.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 weeks.