RECIPE: Banana and Blueberry Muffins
Updated: Mar 10, 2018
These simple muffins are a perfect snack to whip up for the week. Pop one into your handbag and enjoy with a cup of tea at work. I like to heat mine up a little in the microwave and then spread with smooth peanut butter - yum!
180g Oats (Up to you if you want to blend them into a flour, this will work too)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Bananas (Mashed)
60g Maple Syrup or Honey
100g Frozen Blueberries
2 Eggs (sub for flax/chia eggs if Vegan)
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
2. Add the bananas into a bowl and mash until resembles a smooth texture.
3. Add in the eggs, oats, baking powder and maple syrup. Mix together to create a batter.
4. Pour in the blueberries and mix again.
5. Grease a cupcake/muffin pan and pour the mixture equally into either 6 or 8 portions.
6. Pop into the oven for around 18-20 minutes.
7. Leave to cool and then store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a 5 days.
Approx. 200 kcal for 6 muffins, 100kcal for 12.
Why not try adding walnuts and chocolate chips to make Banana, Walnut and Choc muffins? Delicious!