RECIPE: Banana Crunch Caramels
1 Small Banana (80g)
1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
150g Dark Chocolate
2 Tsp Chia Seeds
1/2 Tsp Salt
1. Firstly put your dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Add your oats to a nutribullet or blender and grind into a flour is formed.
3. Add in 8 of the dates and 3 tbsp of the 'date water' plus a little of the salt.
4. Blend again until a dough is formed.
5. Pour out into a square dish, spreading out and pushing down to create the base layer.
6. Make sure the base is compact so that it stays together, pop into the freezer for around 20 minutes.
7. Add the banana, rest of the dates (12), coconut sugar, chia seeds and 2 tbsp of the 'date water' into a blender.
8. Blend until your banana caramel is formed. Spread on top of your base layer and put back into the freezer for another 30-60 minutes.
9. Bring out and cut into small squares, then return to the freezer.
10. Melt your chocolate by microwaving or in a bowl on top of a pan of boiling water. Making sure it melts slowly, not to burn the chocolate.
11. Bring your squares out the freezer and dunk into the chocolate, returning to the dish and then putting back to freeze until set.
12. Once set, keep in the fridge, they are ready to eat.