RECIPE: BHealthy Christmas Cake
Updated: Dec 10, 2018
My take on a Christmas Cake. I am not normally a fan of Christmas Cake so I have decided to make my own version. Still got that dense fruity feeling to it and I have made it so it is gluten and dairy free friendly. u
2 Cups Cashew Butter
2 Cups Coconut Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Fresh Orange Zest
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1 Cup Mixed Fruit
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Fake Holly/Cherries/Marzipan/Apricot Jam Icing to Decorate!
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl add in the cashew butter and coconut sugar. Whisk until light in colour.
2. Add in the eggs and whisk again.
3. Next add in the baking powder, salt, spices and vanilla essence and whisk one last time.
4. Add in the orange zest, mixed fruit and walnuts stirring together with a wooden spoon.
5. Grease a cake tin with coconut oil and pour in the mixture.
6. Wet a spoon and smooth over the top so its even.
7. Pop into the oven for around 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool.
9. Roll your marzipan out using icing sugar so it doesn't stick, cut out a snow shape that fits over your cake. Add apricot jam to one side of your icing then add on top. Add on your cherries or holly decorations.
10. Keep in a cake tin for up to a week.