RECIPE: Caramel Cashew Cookies
I have made a lot of sweet treats and bakes in my time so fit my free-from needs. But these are the best cookies I have made yet! The are perfect - if I do say so myself...I have tested the recipe and found the perfect amount of time to leave them in the oven so they have the crispy outside with a goo-ey centre! Just like how a cookie should be. I used this recipe for a Bake Off competition as well, instead I just double the ingredients and added into a loaf tin. It works just as well too. Get creative and try different add ins and nut butters to vary the taste!
1 Cup Cashew Butter
(Peanut/Almond Butter works too!)
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
30g Chocolate Chips
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut sugar and egg.
2. Use a hand whisk to whisk the sugar and egg together until the mixture turns a light colour and fluffier texture.
3. Next add in the cashew butter and whisk together again.
4. Chop the pecans, adding them into a mixture. Along with chocolate chips and raisins. Mix together using a wooden spoon.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients in mixing again with a wooden spoon.
6. Dollop the mixture onto the baking tray and using a wet spoon shape into cookie shapes. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
7. Pop into oven for around 12 minutes, keep in a little longer if you don't want them to as goo-ey/soft in the middle.
8. Bring out the oven and leave to cool.
Store in an air tight container for up to a week.