RECIPE: Christmas Spiced Almond Cookies
Ooooooo I do love a themed recipe! Anything christmas, halloween, valentines - IM ON IT! I love creating food that has some sort of theme to go with it. And Christmas is of course my favourite, and probably everyone else favourite theme! Get ready for a December full of delicious healthy treats! I want to post one every Monday for you guys! Starting with these cookies, because who doesn't love cookies right?!
1 Cup/240g Almond Butter
1 Cup/220g Coconut Sugar
30g Chocolate Chips
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1.5 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Cloves
1 Tsp Ginger
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and line a tray with baking parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl break in the eggs.
3. Add the sugar, then whisk on high to light in colour and texture.
4. Next add in the almond butter, and whisk again.
5. Add in the spices, baking powder, salt and mix it up.
6. Finally add in the chocolate chips and cranberries.
7. Dollop the mixture onto your baking tray, this mixture should make around 8-12 dependant on what size you want them.
8. Wet a spoon and smooth over the dollops to create cookie shapes.
9. Pop in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, until risen, crisp and brown on the outside.
10. Leave to cool and store in an air-tight container.