This is my healthier take on 'honeycomb' - using unrefined sugar rather than normal refined.
I have also made it vegan through using maple syrup. Not only is this delicious but is quite exciting to make. Watch how big it grows once you add that bicarb in!
3 Tbsp of Maple Syrup (You can use honey if you would prefer)
1 Cup of Coconut Sugar
2 Tsp Bicarb Soda
100g Dark Chocolate
1. Line a square baking tin with parchment paper and put to one side.
2. In a saucepan add the maple syrup and coconut sugar, stirring on a medium heat until the sugar has melted.
3. Once dissolved bring the saucepan up to a boil, do not stir for around 2 minutes.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately add in the bicarb soda.
5. (It will start to grow so be quick!) Pour the mixture into a tin and pop into the fridge.
6. Leave to set for a couple of hours.
7. Remove from the fridge and take out of the tin. Using a rolling pin or sharp knife smash/cut in chunks or bars.
8. Melt your chocolate then drizzle or drunk your 'maplecomb' pieces in.
9. Leave in the fridge again to set then enjoy.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.