RECIPE: Orange Almondi's
A chewy almond flavoured biscuit with a hint of orange and hazelnut!
Delicious with your morning coffee!
170g Ground Almonds
110g Coconut Sugar
Peel of One Orange
(Optional) Teaspoon of Hazelnut Oil
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat your oven to around 190 Degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and the sugar together. Until light and fluffy - the lighter and more fluffy, the more likely it is to rise and get that lovely macaroon like texture!
3. Next add in the ground almonds and fold through with a spoon.
4. Add in the hazelnut oil and orange peel, and an almond dough ball should appear.
5. Line a tray with baking parchment and coat with a little coconut oil for greasing. Then In your hand roll the dough into smaller balls. Next press down on the balls with your palm creating a biscuit-like shape.
6. Add an almond on top in the middle to finish - then pop into the oven for around 10-15 minutes, until they have risen and are golden brown.
Leave to cool, then store in an air-tight container.