RECIPE: Raw Cherry Bakewell Tart
For the base:
140g Soaked Dates
150g (Ground) Almonds
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Pinch of pink salt
For the frangipane:
100g ground almonds
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Pinch of Salt
For the Cherry Jam:
120g Frozen Raspberries
2 Tbsp Coconut or Caster Sugar
Flaked Almonds for topping
1. Start by making the jam. Add the cherries to a pan along with the coconut sugar and around 3-4 tbsp of water. Cook on a medium heat, keep stirring!
2. Once cherries start to soften, press down on them. Take them off the heat then add in the chia seeds.
3. Pour into a jar/bowl and leave to set in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the base. Add your almonds to a Nutribullet or food processor to grind down.
5. Then add in your soaked dates, coconut oil and salt. Mix until a paste-like dough is created.
6. Press into a 6-8 inch cake tin, pop into the freezer until set.
7. Make your frangipane, add the ground almonds, salt and maple syrup to a bowl and mix evenly.
8. Take your base out of the freezer and spread over the frangipane layer. Pop back into the freezer for a further 30 minutes.
9. Bring out again and spread over the jam. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and return to the freezer for a further 1-2 hours.
10. Once it's set you can store in the fridge for up to 4 days.