RECIPE: Raw Pecan Slices
For the base:
1 Cup/110g Coconut Flour or Oat Flour 1/2 Cup/150g Maple Syrup/Liquid Sweetener 1/2 Cup/100g Coconut Oil 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Tsp Salt
For the Pecan Layer:
1 Cup Pecans
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the maple syrup.
3. Add to a mixing bowl along with the coconut flour and other ingredients.
4. Mix together until a 'dough' is formed.
5. Lay out into a square tin lined with baking parchment. Press down so it is packed tightly and evenly.
6. Put into the freezer for around 20-30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add all your ingredients except the pecans.
8. Heat on a low heat, being careful to not let the sugar burn.
9. Once lightly bubbling, add in the pecans and mix.
10. Bring your base out of the freezer and pour on the pecan mix.
11. Spread evenly, sprinkle with a little more salt and pop back into the freezer to set for another 20 minutes.
12. Bring your bars out of the freezer and cut into squares.
13. Pop back into the freezer while you melt your chocolate.
14. When melted, bring your squares out and drizzle chocolate over.
15. Return to fridge or freezer to set. Store in fridge in a container and bring out 10 minutes before serving.