RECIPE: Salted Caramel Almond Cookies
These delicious little thumbprint cookies may be small but they are full of flavour! A soft almond base filled with a salted caramel sauce and drizzled with dark chocolate, whats not to like!
150g Ground Almonds
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp Salt
1. Add the ground almonds and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl.
2. Put the coconut oil into a microwavable bowl and heat until melted.
3. Add the melted coconut oil to the ground almonds and maple syrup.
4. Combine together to create a dough.
5. Put into the fridge to harden a little bit, for around 15-30 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Roll the mixture into 15 small balls.
8. Push down with your thumb to flatten and create a small imprint in the middle to put your caramel in later.
9. Bake for around 10-15 minutes.
10. Make up the mixture of maple syrup, almond butter, salt and melted coconut oil.
11. Bring your cookies out and leave to cool.
12. Once cool add your caramel filling and pop into the fridge for 10 mins to set.
13. Drizzle over melted chocolate, top with rose petals or flaked almonds for decoration.