RECIPE: The Best Vegan Brownies
These brownies look and taste like the real deal. They are deliciously moist and gooey plus I topped mine with a salted caramel sauce using 'HEY BOO' coconut caramel.
60g Smooth Almond Butter (Swap for tahini or WOW Butter if allergic to nuts!)
50g Coconut Sugar (Brown Sugar works too!)
80g Maple Syrup
50g Coconut Oil
15g Flax (2 Tbsp)
6 Tbsp Water
60g Raw Cacao Powder
60g GF Flour (I used Dove Farm Rice Flour)
40g Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1/2 Tsp Salt
I used 10g Coconut Caramel HEY BOO - https://heyboojams.com
20g Maple Syrup
1/2 Tbsp Pink Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, add the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt and coconut oil (melted). Whisk together on high to create a 'caramel.' Put to one side.
2. In a separate bowl add the flax and the water to make the flax seed eggs, leave to set for around 5-10 minutes.
3. Pour the flax egg into the caramel mixture slowly.
4. Next add slowly add the cacao powder in. Followed by the rice flour.
5. Combine so everything is mixed together.
6. You can add in nuts or chocolate chips at this point. Fold them through the mixture with a spatula.
7. Pour your mixture into a square cake tin (8x8 I used) lined with baking parchment or coconut oil.
8. Pop your brownie mixture into the oven for around 20 minutes if you like them gooey, or a little longer if not.
9. Leave to cool then cut into 16 squares.
10. Mix the ingredients of the salted caramel sauce together and pour over the brownies.
11. Store in an air-tight container.
Aprox 108 Kcal each.